Eleven Bison football players were honored for their play during the 2012 season.
Seniors Clayton Fields and Chris Hart were named to the 2A-6 all-conference team. They were also named to the all-star game, which will be played at the University of Central Arkansas’s Estes Stadium in Conway in June.
Fields was named the outstanding linemen for the conference. He anchored the Bison offensive line which helped gain 4,137 total yards and 62 touchdowns this season. Fields also had 40.5 tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and a defensive touchdown.
Hart was named the conference’s outstanding back at quarterback. The Bison averaged 37.5 points per game. Hart was 54 for 107 passing for 968 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also rushed for seven touchdowns and led the secondary with three interceptions.
Junior Deron Ricks was named all-conference and all-state. He led the Bison with 1,366 yards rushing and 17 touchdowns on 163 carries.
Junior Austin Reed was named all-conference and all-state. Playing free safety, Reed was second on the team in tackles with 51 and led the Bison in receptions.
Other all-conference recipients were:
• Junior Justice Bryant, who rushed for 833 yards and 10 touchdowns on 102 carries.
• Junior Braden Reed, who helped the secondary that gave up only three touchdowns during the season.
• Senior John Reynolds, who was third on the team with 34 tackles.
• Senior Tyler Fields, who was a two-way starter on both lines.
• Senior Hunter Howard, who was a two-way starter on both lines.
• Junior Christian Cotton, who was a two-way starter on both lines.