The Carlisle School Board approved software for an anti-bullying hotline purchase during its June 12 meeting.
Terry McCallie, Bryan Oliger, C.J. Parker, Adam Ellis, Debbie Reid, Jereme Carter and Cliff Schafer were present for the meeting.
According to Superintendent Jason Clark, the CyberBully Hotline software will be an anonymous tip line for students or parents to use without the fear of repercussion or retaliation by other students. Reports can be made via text or by phone.
By unanimous vote, the board approved the purchase of the CyberBully Hotline software for both campuses.
Following a 40 minute executive session, the board returned to the regular meeting and accepted the resignations of Kathleen Weems, Brent Maddock, Shawn Carter, Holly Boothe, Casey Beliew, Walter Medlock, Brea Bennett, Angela Crymes, and Deborah Edwards, effective immediately; to non-renew the contract of Tracy Menard for the 2017-2018 school year; hire Meredith Elder as speech language pathologist for the 2017-2018 school year; hire Lucas Evans as bus driver for the 2017-2018 school year; hire Donna Tanksley as high school cafeteria manager for the 2017-2018 school year.
The district received two bids bids for the elementary painting project. The highest bid was from 501-Painter LLC of Carlisle for $4, 777 and the lowest was from Autee Montgomery for a sum of $4,000. By unanimous vote, the board accepted the bid of $4,000 with Autee Montgomery.
Also during the meeting, the board unanimously approved to:
- Add 10 contract days to position of head band director.
- Adopt the 2018-2019 proposed budget of expenditures.
- Contract with Douglas Morgan for computer technician services for the 2017-18 school year at $128 per day.
- Grant a legal transfer to Naylia Hatton to the Lonoke School District.
- Grant a legal transfer to Dontae Leker to the Lonoke School District.
- Grant a legal transfer to Logan Wilson to the England School District.
- Accept the legal transfer of Tristan Taylor into the Carlisle School District.
- Accept the legal transfer of Annalise Taylor into the Carlisle School District
- Pay activity trip bus drivers at the daily rate of bus substitute pay per trip or the district hourly rate whichever greater and if applicable.
- Hire Charles Evans to engineer the asphalt project at the elementary school for a sum of $2,850.00.
Before close of the meeting, Clark gave his administrative and spoke to the board about current job openings for both certified and classified staff and the board election changes and time lines. Job openings include high school science teacher, high school math teacher, high school special education teacher, fifth and sixth grade literacy teacher, nurse, teacher’s aid and cafeteria worker.
The next regularly scheduled Carlisle School Board meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. July 17 in the administration building.