Incoming Superintendent Brad Horn oversaw his first board meeting in his new job Monday night’s board meeting. A meeting which included the dissolving of the former superintendent’s new position with the school district.
According to a typed motion presented by Debbie Reid, former superintendent Jason Clark will no longer continue to be employed with the school district. Since Clark did not sign his 190 day contract, no action was required.
The motion, which was seconded by C.J. Parker and unanimously approved by the board read “due to Mr. Clark leaving the district, I make a motion to remove the new position that he created for himself as financial advisor, grounds keeper and maintenance supervisor so that we can individually fill those capacities should the need arise.”
Contrary to the motion, the superintendent has no authority to create a position. During the Jan. 8, 2018 board meeting, a motion was made Parker and seconded by Bryan Oliger to hire Clark on a 190 day contract as the district finance and facility coordinator and also grounds keeper. Parker, Oliger, Terry McCallie, Adam Ellis, Jereme Carter and Cliff Schafer voted in favor of the motion. Reid voted against. The motion passed 6-1.
In other personnel business, the board unanimously accepted resignations, new hires and a contract amendment presented.
Resignations accepted were from Brooke Davis, Donna Tanksley, Ashley Bryant, Alex Rhinehardt, Logan Prince, Ryan Johnson, Dallas Hermann, Phillip Bernhardt, Mark Uhiren and Lonnie Roberson. New hires included Steven Tew as high school teacher and coach, Brad Jackson as high school teacher, Adrianne Campbell as elementary teacher and Wendy Lewis as elementary teacher.
With the recent contract made with the OPPA Food Service Management, the board accepted the request of Kari Sayger for a contract reduction of 240 days to 210 days.
Also during the meeting, the board unanimously approved to:
- Accept t certified personnel policy
- Accept the clheassified personnel policy
- Accept the classified salary scheduled as presented
- Accept the certified salary scheduled as presented
- Expel student 120000624 for the first semester of the2018-19 school year, for a severe clause violation of the student handbook
- Contract with Douglas Morgan for computer technician services at the rate of $128 per day for the 2018-19 school year.
- Spend $20, 837.52 for the purchase of 53 teacher and student computers
- Accept the district wellness policy as presented by Karen Dycus
- Authorize Superintended Brad Horn to put the cleaning service contract out for bids.
The next regular scheduled board meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. July 9 in the administration building.